We are already in winter and rainy nights these comforting soup comes in handy!
This is typical of the beautiful Italian region of Tuscany and very good, with its intense aroma of garlic …
Ingredients for 4-6 people
- 300 g cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
- 300 g of cooked butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 115 g fusilli pasta type (or other small tubular pasta shape)
- 4 spoons (soup) of oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp (tablespoons) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper freshly ground
Method of Making
Place half of white beans and half the butter beans in a blender or processor cup, along with half of the chicken broth. Grind until mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
Place the cream in a thick bottomed pan, add the beans and broth and remaining. Mix well and bring to boil. If the soup seem too thick, add a little hot water.
Add the pasta and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the dough is cooked submit “al dente”.
Separately, heat 3 tablespoons (soup) of oil in a small non-stick skillet. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly, until the garlic is golden but not burned. Add the mixture of olive oil and garlic soup, and chopped parsley.
Season with salt and pepper. Distribute the soup bowls by or bowls and sprinkle with the remaining oil. Serve immediately.
Serve with toasts.
Source: Recipe adapted from the book Soup Bowl – Ed Love Food * Parragon Books (USA)